The following are general requirements for the United States Fiancée Visa. Besides meeting these requirements, documentation is required to prove a bona fide relationship exists between you (the petitioner) and your fiancée. If you meet all the requirements, you’re good to get started!
If you don’t meet all the requirements or if you have questions about qualifying, please give us a call to discuss your options. There are waivers, co-sponsors and affidavits that can be used to meet some of the requirements.
● You (the petitioner) are at least 18 years old, and must be a US citizen. Legal permanent residents (called “green card holders”) cannot obtain a K-1 fiancée visa for their foreign fiancées.
● You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancée’s entry to the United States.
● You and your fiancée are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment. You must have proof that all divorces, death, or annulment are final and that you are single.
● You have met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancée’s foreign culture or social practice.
2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.
● Meet 125% of the current year’s federal minimum income guidelines (called “poverty guidelines”). You should also be able to meet these income requirements for the past THREE years. See Fiancee Visa FAQ’s for detailed information.
Note: If you are unsure if you qualify, we suggest you call us at 800-322-3267 for a free consultation. There are waivers, co-sponsors and affidavits that can be used to meet some of the requirements. We would be happy to go over any questions you have.
Ready to get started? Check out our Fiancee Visa Service ,Payment Plans Are Available
Still Have Questions?
Call 800.322.3267 Today for a FREE Consultation with our Visa Specialist.
You can also email: email@example.com
CherryBlossoms.com and Cherry Blossoms, Inc. are not affiliated with the United States Government.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on Cherry Blossoms.com is not intended to create or constitute an attorney-client relationship. Viewing or receiving information from CherryBlossoms.com also does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an immigration attorney.